Piles, also known as Hemorrhoids, are a common condition that affects many individuals worldwide. In Ayurveda, an ancient holistic healing system, piles are believed to result from imbalances in the doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and certain lifestyle factors. Let's delve into the causes, symptoms, and Ayurvedic treatment approaches for piles.
Hemorrhoids, are swollen and inflamed veins in the rectum and anus. According to Ayurveda, piles are considered a result of imbalances in the doshas (energetic forces) in the body, particularly the Vata and Pitta doshas. Ayurveda emphasizes a holistic approach to treating piles, including dietary and lifestyle modifications, herbal remedies, and Ayurvedic therapies. In this blog we study about detailed causes, symptoms and treatment in ayurveda
Causes of Piles (Hemorrhoids) in Ayurveda: According to Ayurveda, the following factors contribute to the development of piles:
- Vata Dosha Imbalance:Aggravation of the Vata dosha due to a sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, or excessive physical exertion can lead to dryness and constriction of blood vessels in the anal area, increasing the risk of piles.
- Pitta Dosha Imbalance:Pitta dosha aggravation, caused by consuming spicy, oily, and heat-inducing foods, can lead to inflammation and dilation of blood vessels, resulting in piles.
- Poor Digestive Fire (Agni):Weak digestion, caused by improper dietary habits and suppressing natural urges, can lead to constipation, straining during bowel movements, and increased pressure on the rectal veins, contributing to piles.
Other causes of Piles (Hemorrhoids) according to Ayurveda:
- Sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity
- Chronic constipation or diarrhoea
- Excessive straining during bowel movements
- Poor dietary habits, such as low-fibre diets
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- Excessive intake of spicy, oily, and processed foods
- Suppression of natural urges, including the urge to pass stools
Symptoms of Piles (Hemorrhoids):
- Pain, itching, or irritation in the anal region
- Presence of a lump or swelling around the anus
- Bleeding during bowel movements, often seen as bright red blood on the toilet paper or in the stool
- Discomfort or pain during bowel movements
- Mucus discharge from the anus
- A feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowels
Piles treatment in Ayurveda:
Shri Chyawan Ayurveda has carefully Ayurvedic medicine for piles - Piles Care Kit for natural treatment of Hemorrhoids/ Piles. All our products are prepared using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principals of Ayurveda. All our products are 100% Pure, Natural and Safe to be used and do not cause any side-effects.
The Piles Care Kit consists of:
- Pile Hari Vati: It is by far the best piles tablet which helps to heal inflammations and soothe pain and discomfort. It also has laxative properties that induce peristaltic movements, thus making the process of evacuating of bowels pain-free.
Ingredients: It consists of- Ambahaladar, Kalijiri, Rasot, Kali mirch, Har, Methatis, Kaharvapisti, Motipisti, Amla, Methi, Variyali, Bolbaddhras, Kaharvapisti.
How to use: One tablet every day in the morning and evening, post breakfast and snacks respectively.
- Kabj Hari Churn: This helps in a lot of stomach related issues like gas, constipation and abdominal pain.
Ingredients: It consists of Harde, Sonth, Mulethi, Baheda, Hing, Variyali, Amaltas, Black Salt, Blackpiper, Amla.
How to use: Mix 1-2gm of this churn with half cup of water, consume every day before going to bed.
- Nikunj Amrit Dhar: It helps to soothe the burning or itching sensation near the anal or the rectum area.
Ingredients: It consists of Sat Ajwain, Sat Pudina, Kapoor, essential oils and clove oil.
How to use: Take 4-5 drops on a cotton ball and apply on the affected area twice a day.
4. Liver Care Syrup: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Liver Care Syrup is formulated to cleanse your liver and support digestion process. It also helps to strengthen the overall functioning of the liver.
Ingredients: It consists of Chitrakmul, Amla, Harde, Baheda, Bel Patra, Dhana, Aloe vera, Ajwain, Punarnava, Giloy Satva, Neem Chal, Tulsi.
How to use: Consume 1-2 teaspoonful of Liver Care Plus Syrup, thrice a day or as suggested by your physician.
Other Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles:
- Dietary and Lifestyle Modifications:
- Increase fiber intake: Consume high-fiber foods like whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and legumes to soften the stool and facilitate easier bowel movements.
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated helps prevent constipation and maintains bowel regularity.
- Avoid spicy and oily foods: These can aggravate the Pitta dosha and lead to increased inflammation.
- Regular exercise: Engage in physical activities like walking, yoga, or swimming to improve digestion and prevent constipation.
- Triphala:This herbal formulation is known for its gentle laxative properties. It can help regulate bowel movements and relieve constipation.
- Aloe vera gel:Applying aloe vera gel topically on the affected area can provide relief from itching and inflammation.
- Haritaki: It is a natural laxative and can be beneficial in relieving constipation.
- Sitz baths:Sitting in warm water for 15-20 minutes several times a day can reduce pain, itching, and inflammation associated with piles.
- Abhyanga:Ayurvedic oil massage can improve blood circulation and promote healing. Use oils like sesame or coconut oil.
- Kshara sutra:It is a specialized Ayurvedic treatment where a medicated thread is tied around the base of the pile mass, causing it to shrink and fall off.