What is Leucoderma?
Also known as Vitiligo, Leucoderma and Safed daag is a skin disease that causes loss of skin pigmentation (melanin) that leads to skin whitening. The white patches on the skin are termed as Leucoderma. When the condition gets severe, the spots cover almost all parts of the body including scalp, face and the genitals.
What is the main cause of Leucoderma?
Leucoderma is caused by the lack of a pigment called melanin in the skin. Melanin is produced by skin cells called melanocytes, and it gives your skin its color. In vitiligo, there are not enough working melanocytes to produce enough melanin in your skin.
A lack of pigment in your skin (melanin) causes Leucoderma/Vitiligo. The reason why this happens is unknown. Research suggests Leucoderma/Vitiligo could be the result of:
- An autoimmune condition: Your immune system mistakes healthy cells (melanocytes) as foreign invaders like bacteria that can cause harm to your body. This makes your immune system overreact and develop antibodies to destroy your melanocytes.
- Genetic changes: A genetic mutation or a change to your body’s DNA can affect how your melanocytes function. There are over 30 genes that can increase your risk of developing Leucoderma/Vitiligo.
- Stress: The amount of pigment your melanocyte cells produce may change if you experience frequent emotional stress or physical stress on your body, especially after an injury.
- Environmental triggers: Factors like ultraviolet radiation and toxic chemical exposure can affect how your melanocyte cells function.
What are the types of Leucoderma/Vitiligo?
Types of Leucoderma/ Vitiligo include:
- Generalized: This is the most common type of Leucoderma that causes macules to appear in various places on your body.
- Segmental: This type only affects one side of your body or one area, such as your hands or face.
- Mucosal: Mucosal Leucoderma/ Vitiligo affects mucous membranes of your mouth and/or genitals.
- Focal: Focal Leucoderma/ Vitiligo is a rare type where the macules develop in a small area and don’t spread in a certain pattern within one to two years.
- Trichome: This type causes a bullseye with a white or colourless centre, then an area of lighter pigmentation, and an area of your natural skin tone.
- Universal: This rare type of Leucoderma/ Vitiligo causes more than 80% of your skin to not have pigment.
What are the symptoms of Leucoderma?
Signs and symptoms of Leucoderma include:
- Patches of skin or mucous membranes that lose color. These can appear white or lighter than your natural skin tone.
- Patches of hair on your body turn silver, gray or white.
Symptoms can be mild and only affect a small area of your body or severe and affect a large area of your skin. Some people with vitiligo experience itchy skin before de-pigmentation starts.
Leucoderma may begin as small patches in the skin. With time, these enlarge and merge with other patches over several months. Although they can crop up in any part of the body, the initial patches are usually on the hands, forearms, feet, and face.
Leucoderma and it’s treatment in ayurveda
As per Ayurveda, Leucoderma is caused by the imbalance of all the three doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha) vitiating Rakta, Mamsa and Medhas Dhatus. Daruna – when doshas vitiates the rakta dhatu (blood), the patches will be red in color. As the discoloration of skin and the patches all over the body start getting noticed by people, the patients get depressed. But they should stay positive as the treatment of vitiligo with Ayurveda has proven to be one of the safest cure methodologies.
Leucoderma treatment in Ayurveda:
Vitiligo ayurveda treatment involves herbal medicines to cure the disease. Panchakarma therapies like Virechana, Vasti, Dhara, and Vamana are also used in the process as they strengthen the immune system of the body.
- Virechana - Also known as Purgative therapy, this therapy removes the toxicity of your body. Virechana is used for Pitta disorder to cleanse the primary site of the pitta that is the stomach and the small intestine. It is an efficient vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda.
- Basti therapy – It is also called Enema therapy. The therapy purifies the colon where the primary location of Vata nourishes the body. It is one of the best vitiligo treatments in Ayurveda.
- Vamana - Vamana is considered to be the effective vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda for both Pitta and Kapha excess. Vasantika Vamasa (therapeutic emesis in the spring season) can be used for preventive therapy for a disease of Kapha origin such as eczema.
These therapies and medicines have proven to be the most effective natural treatment for vitiligo.
Can Ayurveda cure Leucoderma permanently?
It is necessary to address this problem at an early stage, if it progresses without check the results may be permanent and irreversible. Ayurveda offers a permanent and natural Leucoderma treatment that can stop the spread of this disease and reverse its effect without any side effects.
Leucoderma Care Kit by Shri Chyawan Ayurveda:
Shri Chyawan Ayurveda has formulated a white patches on skin treatment ayurvedic medicine, a Leucoderma Care Kit with proven 100% result. The Kit completely cures Leucoderma, white patches, skin discoloration, pigmentation, itching, inflammation, rashes and redness.
What is in the Shri Chyawan Leucoderma Care Kit?
The Shri Chyawan Leucoderma kit contains three types of medicine:
- Leuko-out Lep
- Leuko-out Vati
- Leuko-out Churn
Leuko-out Lep: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Leuko-out lep helps to recover the skin cell and remove all the dead cells.
Leuko-out Vati: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Leuko-out vati is a tablet that helps to boost immunity and reduce the dead cell. It’s also helps in all skin related disease.
Leuko-out Churn: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Leuko-out churn helps in the detoxification of the body and remove harmful toxins.
- The main Ingredients in Leuko-out Lep are Bakuchi, Boileem, Ark, Chharota Seed, Dhatura, Giloy, Gold Ash, Swarn Jata, Aloe Vera.
- The main ingredients in Leuko-out Vati are Amla, Giloy, Aloe vera, Kiwi, Daru Haldi, Swarn Jata, Bhasm, Ark, Jangali bel etc.
- The main ingredients in Leuko-out Churn are Bakuchi, Daru Haldi, Nagar Motha, Arjun Chhal, Tulsi, Swarn Bhasm etc.
HOW TO USE:
Leuko-out Vati – One tablet empty stomach twice a day i.e., morning and evening as directed by the physician.
Leuko-out Churn – One teaspoon of the churn with lukewarm water.
Leuko-out Lep – The Lep should be applied for at least 2 hours on the body.
Note - Do not use Leucoderma Care Ki if Diabetic or Pregnant.
Lifestyle Changes and Diet to follow in Leucoderma:
- Protection of skin from the sources of light - The skin should be protected from sun rays by wearing sunglasses and applying sunscreen.
- Avoid Tattoos - Making a tattoo can cause new patches of skin to appear.
- Avoid Non-Compatible Food- Food items like milk with curd, non-veg food items, salt.
- Food Restrictions: The patient should avoid salty, sour and spicy food.