Vitiligo, known as "Svitra" in Ayurveda, is a skin disorder characterized by depigmented patches that result from the loss of melanin, the pigment responsible for skin color. Ayurveda views Vitiligo as a manifestation of imbalances in the body's doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and highlights the interconnectedness of the mind, body, and environment.
Here's an overview of the Ayurvedic understanding of Vitiligo and in this blog post, we will explore the best Vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda highlighting their effectiveness and potential benefits.
Causes and Contributing Factors:
- Dosha Imbalance: According to Ayurveda, vitiligo is primarily attributed to imbalances in the doshas, particularly Pitta and Vata. Pitta dosha governs metabolism and skin health, while Vata dosha controls circulation and tissue formation. Imbalances in these doshas can disrupt the natural pigmentation process.
- Ama Accumulation: The accumulation of ama (toxins) due to improper digestion and metabolism is considered a contributing factor. Ama can block the subtle channels (srotas) responsible for the nourishment of skin tissues.
- Impaired Agni: Weak digestion (agni) can lead to the formation of ama and the production of improperly metabolized waste products that affect skin health.
- Stress and Lifestyle: Mental stress, anxiety, and irregular lifestyle patterns can disturb dosha balance and weaken the immune system, potentially triggering or aggravating Vitiligo.
- Environmental Factors: Excessive exposure to sunlight, certain chemicals, and environmental toxins can influence the onset or progression of vitiligo.
- Depigmented Patches: The hallmark symptom of vitiligo is the presence of white or depigmented patches on the skin. These patches may be small or large and can occur anywhere on the body.
- Variability: Vitiligo patches often spread over time and can vary in size, shape, and location. New patches may appear while existing ones may enlarge.
- No Itching or Scaling: Unlike some other skin conditions, Vitiligo typically does not cause itching, scaling, or other discomfort.
Dosha Imbalance and Skin Health:
Ayurveda emphasizes that the balance of doshas is crucial for maintaining healthy skin. Each dosha has a specific role in skin health:
- Vata Dosha: Responsible for circulation and movement, Vata governs the proper functioning of microcirculation, ensuring that nutrients reach the skin tissues. Imbalanced Vata can lead to dryness, roughness, and poor healing of skin.
- Pitta Dosha: Pitta is associated with metabolism and transformation. Imbalanced Pitta can lead to excessive heat and inflammation, affecting skin coloration and pigmentation.
- Kapha Dosha: Kapha provides structure and nourishment to skin tissues. Imbalanced Kapha may lead to stagnation, congestion, and reduced skin vitality.
Vitiligo/ Leucoderma Medicine in Ayurveda:
Shri Chyawan Ayurveda have carefully formulated a Leucoderma Care Kit to completely cure Leucoderma, white patches, skin discoloration, pigmentation, itching, inflammation, rashes and redness. They have cured thousands of customers till now and have given 100% results.
What is in the Shri Chyawan Leucoderma Care Kit?
The Shri Chyawan Leucoderma kit contains three types of medicine:
- Leuko-out Lep
- Leuko-out Vati
- Leuko-out Churn
Leuko-out Lep: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Leuko-out lep helps to recover the skin cell and remove all the dead cells.
Leuko-out Vati: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Leuko-out vati is a tablet that helps to boost immunity and reduce the dead cell. It’s also helps in all skin related disease.
Leuko-out Churn: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Leuko-out churn helps in the detoxification of the body and removes harmful toxins.
- The main Ingredients in Leuko-out Lep are Bakuchi, Boileem, Ark, Chharota Seed, Dhatura, Giloy, Gold Ash, Swarn Jata, Aloe Vera.
- The main ingredients in Leuko-out Vati are Amla, Giloy, Aloe vera, Kiwi, Daru Haldi, Swarn Jata, Bhasm, Ark, Jangali bel etc.
- The main ingredients in Leuko-out Churn are Bakuchi, Daru Haldi, Nagar Motha, Arjun Chhal, Tulsi, Swarn Bhasm etc.
HOW TO USE:
Leuko-out Vati – One tablet in empty stomach two times a day i.e. morning and evening as directed by the physician.
Leuko-out Churn – One teaspoon of the churn with lukewarm water.
Leuko-out Lep – The Lep should be applied for at least 2 hours on the body.
Note - Do not use Leucoderma Care Kit if diabetic or Pregnant.
Other Ayurvedic Treatments & Remedies for Vitiligo:
Ayurvedic treatment of vitiligo aims to balance the doshas, remove ama, and promote the natural healing of skin tissues. This may involve:
- Balancing Diet: Emphasizing foods that pacify imbalanced doshas and avoiding foods that aggravate them.
- Herbal Formulations: Using specific herbs and formulations to cleanse toxins, enhance digestion, and restore dosha balance.
- Panchakarma: Administering detoxification therapies like Virechana (purgation) and Basti (enema) to eliminate toxins and correct dosha imbalances.
- Lifestyle Modifications: Suggesting a daily routine, stress management techniques, and proper sleep to support overall well-being.
- External Therapies: Applying herbal pastes, oils, and medicated baths to the affected areas for localized treatment.