In recent years, diabetes has emerged as a growing health concern worldwide, with a particularly alarming increase among the younger population. Once considered a disease of middle and old age, diabetes is now making its presence felt among the youth, posing a serious threat to their health and well-being. This blog post aims to shed light on the rising tide of diabetes, its prevalence among young age groups, and the far-reaching impact it has on overall health.
The Diabetes Epidemic:
Diabetes, a chronic condition characterized by elevated blood sugar levels, has witnessed a staggering increase in its prevalence over the last few decades. According to the International Diabetes Federation, approximately 463 million adults (aged 20-79) were living with diabetes in 2019, and this number is projected to rise to 700 million by 2045 if current trends persist. What is particularly concerning is the swift rise of diabetes among the younger age groups.
Why is the youth at risk?
Traditionally associated with older age, diabetes is now becoming more prevalent among adolescents and young adults. Sedentary lifestyles, poor dietary habits, and increasing rates of obesity are contributing factors to the surge in diabetes cases among the youth. The World Health Organization reports that 1 in 6 adolescents aged 15-19 globally is overweight, and these young individuals face an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
The Impact on Health:
Diabetes, if left unmanaged, can wreak havoc on an individual's health. Beyond the obvious impact on blood sugar levels, diabetes can lead to a myriad of complications affecting various organs and systems in the body. Heart disease, kidney failure, vision impairment, and nerve damage are just a few examples of the severe consequences of diabetes. In the case of the youth, the long-term impact of the disease can be particularly devastating, robbing them of a healthy and fulfilling life.
Causes of Diabetes:
Diabetes among the youth in India is a growing concern, and several factors contribute to its increasing prevalence. Understanding these causes is crucial for developing effective prevention and management strategies. Here are some key factors contributing to the rise of diabetes among the youth in India:
- Unhealthy Diet:
- High Consumption of Junk Food: The modern lifestyle has led to increased consumption of processed and fast foods rich in unhealthy fats, sugars, and salt. These dietary habits contribute to obesity and insulin resistance, increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Sedentary Lifestyle:
- Lack of Physical Activity: The prevalence of sedentary behavior, such as prolonged hours of screen time and a decrease in physical activities, has become more common among the youth. Insufficient physical activity is linked to weight gain and an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Genetic Predisposition:
- Family History: Genetic factors can play a significant role in the development of diabetes. Individuals with a family history of diabetes are at a higher risk, and this risk may be passed down to younger generations.
- Rising Rates of Childhood Obesity: The increasing prevalence of obesity among children and adolescents in India is a major risk factor for diabetes. Obesity is closely associated with insulin resistance and the development of type 2 diabetes.
- Urbanization and Changing Lifestyles:
- Shift to Urban Living: Urbanization has brought about changes in lifestyle, including dietary patterns and reduced physical activity. Urban environments often promote sedentary habits and easy access to calorie-dense foods, contributing to the diabetes epidemic.
- Stress and Mental Health:
- Academic and Peer Pressure: Youth in India face significant stress due to academic pressures and societal expectations. Chronic stress can affect hormonal balance and contribute to insulin resistance, increasing the risk of diabetes.
- Early Onset of Type 2 Diabetes:
- Increasing Cases of Type 2 Diabetes in Youth: Traditionally, type 2 diabetes was more prevalent in older adults. However, there is a growing trend of type 2 diabetes being diagnosed in younger individuals, partly due to lifestyle factors.
- Limited Awareness and Education:
- Lack of Diabetes Education: Awareness about diabetes, its risk factors, and preventive measures may be limited among the youth. This lack of knowledge can contribute to unhealthy lifestyle choices and delayed diagnosis.
- Limited Access to Healthcare:
- Barriers to Healthcare: Accessibility and affordability of healthcare services may pose challenges, leading to delayed diagnosis and management of diabetes among the youth.
- Marketing and Advertising:
- Influence of Marketing: Aggressive marketing of sugary and unhealthy food and beverages, particularly targeted at the youth, can contribute to poor dietary choices and an increased risk of diabetes.
Addressing the Root Causes through Ayurveda: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda’s Diabetes Care Kit
Our ayurveda experts have formulated a Diabetes Care Kit an effective ayurvedic medicine for Diabetes or high sugar, that aids in controlling your blood sugar levels.
What is in the Shri Chyawan Diabetes Care Pack?
Our Diabetes Care Pack contains two types of medicine:
1. Madhumoksh vati
3. Karela-Jamun Ras
- Madhumoksha Vati: It aids in bringing control over the uneven sugar levels in your body. It is a natural blend of herbal ingredients to even your sugar levels and strengthen the immune system. Its ingredients help to regulate glucose metabolism and act as the best supplements for diabetes. It also helps to enhance immunity. It is the best ayurvedic medicine for Diabetes.
Benefits of Madhumoksha Vati:
- Controls the blood sugar levels naturally
- Helps in boosting metabolism
- Controls weight
- Provide relief from the problem of frequent urination
- Enhances your immune system and energy levels
- Aids in the problem of sexual debility due to diabetes
- Prevents the organs from side-effects arising out of diabetes
- Aids in healthy digestion process
- Strengthens the pancreas
- Improves insulin performance
- Madhumoksha Vati is 100% safe and do not cause any side-effects
- Prevents major complications arising from diabetes
Ingredients: Madhumoksha Vati mainly consists of ingredients like Neem Panchang, Jamun beej, Gudmar, Karela beej, Amla, Talmakhna, and Baheda.
How to use: Madhumoksha Vati's 1 tablet must be consumed in morning and evening after breakfast and snacks respectively. It is advisable to continue this course for 3 months for best results.
- Chandrabha vati: It helps to reduce the level of Uric acid, that ultimately helps to provide relief from all types of pain like Joint Pain, Knee Pain, Muscular Pain, Shoulder Pain, etc.
Ingredients: It consists SwarnBhasm, VaiVidang, Chitrak Bark, Daruharidra, Devdaru, Camphor, Pipalmool, Nagarmotha, Pippal, Kali MIrch, Yavkshar, Vach, Dhania, Chavya, Gajpipal, Sounth, SendhaNamak, Nishoth, Dantimool,Tejpatra, Chhoti elaichi.
- Eases Pain: Chandraprabha Vati helps to ease out pain as it consists of all medicinal ayurvedic ingredients that relaxes all sorts of pain and helps to give relief.
- Controls Blood Sugar: It effectively helps to control blood sugar levels and maintain optimum levels.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: Chandraprabha Vati significantly helps to regulate Blood Pressure and maintains at adequate level.
- Regulates Liver Functioning: It reduces the level of Uric acid, that ultimately helps to provide relief from the pain in the liver and reduces swelling as well.
- Pure and Natural: Chandraprabha Vati is made using all herbal, pure and natural ingredients and do not have any side effects.
How to use: Consume 1 tablet at night before going to bed.
- Karela-Jamun Ras: Our Karela-Jamun Ras has been made using pure Karela and Jamun juice. It is highly effective in treating many severe diseases and is a 100% natural and safe product. It is an ideal ayurvedic medicine for sugar treatment and works effectively in reducing it from the beginning.
Karela-Jamun Ras Benefits:
- Karela-Jamun Ras is extremely popular way to treat high blood sugar and aids in regulating optimum blood sugar levels.
- Consisting of 2 major ingredients like Karela and Jamun it primarily help in Blood Purification.
- It acts as a herbal detox drink for your body and cleanses the digestive system.
- It is useful for skin as it helps reduce acne and pimples and has many anti-aging properties.
- It enhances your overall appetite.
- Safe, Natural and Pure ingredients are used in preparing Karela and Jamun Ras.
Ingredients: It consists of Karela juice, Jamun juice and Neem juice.
How to use: Consume15-30ml of Karela-Jamun Ras on an empty stomach, twice a day or as directed by physician. For best results, use Karela-Jamun Ras for 3-6 months.
To curb the rising tide of diabetes, it is essential to address the root causes of the epidemic. Lifestyle factors, such as sedentary behaviour and unhealthy dietary patterns, play a significant role in the development of diabetes. Promoting physical activity, encouraging a balanced diet, and raising awareness about the risks of diabetes are crucial steps in preventing its onset among the younger population.
Education and Awareness:
Education plays a pivotal role in combating the diabetes epidemic. Creating awareness about the importance of a healthy lifestyle, regular check-ups, and the early signs of diabetes can empower individuals to take charge of their health. Schools, communities, and healthcare providers must collaborate to disseminate information and foster a culture of preventive healthcare.
Addressing the rising rates of diabetes among the youth in India requires a multifaceted approach involving education, awareness campaigns, policy interventions and community engagement to promote healthier lifestyles from an early age.
The surge of diabetes among the youth is a wake-up call for society to prioritize health and well-being. By addressing the root causes, promoting healthy habits, and raising awareness, we can collectively work towards stemming the tide of diabetes and ensuring a healthier future for generations to come. It is time to take proactive steps to tackle this silent epidemic and empower the youth to lead lives free from the shadows of diabetes.