Constipation is a common digestive disorder affecting people of every age group i.e. new born, adult or elderly. Medically, constipation is not proper function of bowel movements making it infrequent and difficult to pass stools. In India, majority of population belongs to an adult age group. Adult age group can be further categorized into lower (15-25 years), middle (25-38 years) upper (38-50 years) group. According to a Gut Health Survey, performed by a healthcare firm Abbott 22 per cent of the adult Indian population is suffering from the condition, with 13 per cent complaining of severe constipation. 6 per cent of the Indian population suffers from constipation associated with certain comorbidities.
What is Constipation according to Ayurveda?
In Ayurveda, constipation is considered to be an imbalance in the Vata dosha, which governs the movement of the bowel. Ayurvedic medicine and treatments aim to address this imbalance and promote healthy bowel movements. Constipation in adults refers to infrequent bowel movements or difficulty passing stools. It is a common condition that can be caused by various factors, including lifestyle choices, dietary habits, medical conditions, and medications.
Symptoms of constipation:
Some of most common symptoms found in peoples and are listed below
- Fewer than three bowel movements per week.
- Straining during bowel movements.
- Hard, dry, or lumpy stools.
- Feeling of incomplete evacuation.
- Abdominal discomfort or bloating.
- Rectal bleeding (in severe cases).
Causes of Constipation in adults:
Here are some common factors that contribute to constipation in adults
- Sleep: Regular change in sleep timings effects digestion in some cases leading to constipation.
- Immobility: Lack of movement and exercise can slow down the digestive process and contribute to constipation.
- Medications: Taking regular medicine for various diseases like Pain, slow down the movement of the digestive tract, leading to difficulty in passing stools.
- Dehydration: Inadequate hydration can result in dry and hard stools, leading to constipation.
- Dietary changes: Insufficient fiber intake or a sudden change in dietary habits can contribute to constipation.
- Anxiety and stress: Stress can disrupt the normal functioning of the digestive system and lead to constipation.
- Depression: Depression affects the normal function of human body and the digestive system and lead to constipation.
Ayurvedic Constipation Treatment for Adults
Shri Chyawan Ayurveda has formulated a constipation medicine for adults – Constipation Care. The pack consists of Kabj Hari Churn and Liver Care Syrup, both churn and syrup play different roles in curing Constipation. Churn cures various stomach issues like gas, acidity and indigestion and Syrup detoxifies the liver and maintains liver health. The combo of both promotes digestion which leads to proper execution of stool and curing the root of constipation. It is made up of combination of 100% pure and natural ingredients making the product best and trusted with no side effects.
- Kabj Hari Churn: A best ayurvedic churna for constipation, available in the market. It will not only help you by treating Constipation, but also help with Acidity, Bloating, Gases and other stomach related issues. Kabj Hari Churn is made using all herbal and natural ayurvedic ingredients like Harde, Sonth, Mulethi, Baheda, Hing, Variyali, Amaltas, Black Salt, Black pepper, Amla.
Benefits of Kabj Hari Churn include:
- Improves Digestion: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda’s Kabj Hari Churn effectively helps to cure your problems related to digestive system and facilitates smooth digestion process.
- Relieves Constipation: It effectively helps to give you relief from stomach issues and constipation.
- Bloating and Gases: Kabj Hari Churn reduces stomach bloating, digestion issues and gases and reduces indigestion.
- Pure and Natural Product: Kabj Hari Churn is made using all natural and herbal ingredients and ensures smooth digestion process.
How to use: Consume 1-2gm of this churn with half cup of water, consume every day before going to bed.
- Liver Care Syrup: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Liver Care Syrup is formulated to cleanse your liver and support digestion process. It also helps to strengthen the overall functioning of the liver. It consists of Chitrakmul, Amla, Harde, Baheda, Bel Patra, Dhana, Aloe vera, Ajwain, Punarnava, Giloy Satva, Neem Chal, Tulsi.
Benefits of Liver Care Syrup include:
- Reduces Acidity: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Liver Care Syrup helps in reducing acidity and also reduces acid reflex issues as well.
- Detoxifier: Liver Care Syrup acts as a detoxifying agent and flushes out toxins from your body.
- Aids in Digestion: It also helps in digestion of food and boosts metabolism and solves constipation problem as well.
- Maintains Liver Health: Regular intake of Liver Care Plus Syrup helps to maintain Gut and Liver health.
- 100% Natural: It is made from all herbal, ayurvedic ingredients and is 100% natural and safe to use.
How to use: Consume 1-2 teaspoonful of Liver Care Syrup, thrice a day or as suggested by your physician.
Other remedies for managing Constipation in the elderly: Addressing constipation in the aging population requires a comprehensive approach involving dietary and lifestyle modifications, along with other interventions:
- Fiber-Rich Diet: Encourage older adults to consume a diet high in fiber from sources like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes. Fiber adds bulk to the stool and facilitates regular bowel movements.
- Adequate Hydration: Ensure that seniors are drinking enough fluids throughout the day. Water, herbal teas, and clear broths can help soften the stool and promote bowel regularity.
- Regular Exercise: Encourage elderly individuals to engage in physical activity according to their capabilities. Even light exercises like walking or gentle stretching can improve bowel motility.
- Medication Review: Consult with healthcare professionals to review medications and identify those that may contribute to constipation. Adjustments or alternatives may be considered to alleviate this side effect.
- Bowel Training: Establishing a regular bowel routine by scheduling time for toilet visits, preferably after meals, can help train the body for predictable bowel movements.
- Probiotics: Consider incorporating probiotic supplements or probiotic-rich foods, such as yogurt or fermented vegetables, to support a healthy gut microbiota.
- Herbal Remedies: Certain herbal remedies like triphala or senna, under the guidance of an Ayurvedic practitioner or healthcare professional, may provide relief for occasional constipation.
The above mentioned blog clearly states that medicine provided by Shri Chyawan Ayurveda, Constipation Care is by far the best and instant Constipation relief medicine currently.
Constipation can be a distressing condition for the aging population, but with the right strategies, it can be effectively managed. Encouraging a fiber-rich diet, promoting hydration, regular exercise, and reviewing medications are essential steps. Moreover, maintaining a holistic approach that addresses the individual's overall health and well-being can contribute to improved bowel regularity and enhance their overall quality of life.