In Ayurveda, chronic constipation is understood as a disturbance in the body's digestive and eliminative processes, leading to the accumulation of waste products (ama) in the gastrointestinal tract. Ayurveda views digestion as a vital component of overall health, and the proper elimination of waste is considered essential for maintaining balance and preventing various health issues.
Chronic constipation, known as "Vibandha" in Ayurveda, is described as a condition in which there is difficulty in passing stools or infrequent bowel movements, often accompanied by discomfort, bloating, and a feeling of incomplete evacuation. Ayurveda considers chronic constipation to be primarily caused by an imbalance in the Vata dosha, which governs movement and elimination in the body. When Vata is aggravated or imbalanced, it can lead to dryness, sluggishness, and improper functioning of the colon.
Chronic constipation can be a persistent and uncomfortable issue that affects many people's daily lives. While modern medicine offers various treatments, Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of natural healing, provides holistic approaches that focus on balancing the body and addressing the root causes of constipation.
How can you treat Constipation with Ayurveda?
Shri Chyawan Ayurveda has formulated instant constipation relief medicine, Constipation Care; it is prepared by combination of Kabj Hari Churn and Liver Care Syrup. The combo of churn and syrup helps in curing a lot of stomach related issues and also strengthen our liver. It is formulated by use of 100% pure and natural ingredients, which makes its best, safe and trustworthy for use.
- Kabj Hari Churn: It is the best ayurvedic churna for constipation available in the market. Consumption of this churn will ease down the pain during constipation and ultimately will help you get rid of the regular constipation issues, gases and acidity.
Ingredients: Kabj Hari Churn is made using all herbal and natural ayurvedic ingredients like Harde, Sonth, Mulethi, Baheda, Hing, Variyali, Amaltas, Black Salt, Black pepper, Amla.
How to Use: Kabj Hari Churn can be used by mixing 1-2gm of this churn with half cup of water, consume every day before going to bed.
Benefits of Kabj Hari Churn:
- Improves Digestion: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda’s Kabj Hari Churn effectively helps to cure your problems related to digestive system and facilitates smooth digestion process.
- Relieves Constipation: It effectively helps to give you relief from stomach issues and constipation.
- Bloating and Gases: Kabj Hari Churn reduces stomach bloating, digestion issues and gases and reduces indigestion.
- Pure and Natural Product: Kabj Hari Churn is made using all natural and herbal ingredients and ensures smooth digestion process.
- Liver Care Syrup: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Liver Care Syrup is formulated to cleanse your liver and support digestion process. It also helps to strengthen the overall functioning of the liver.
Ingredients: It consists of Chitrakmul, Amla, Harde, Baheda, Bel Patra, Dhana, Aloe vera, Ajwain, Punarnava, Giloy Satva, Neem Chal, Tulsi.
How to use: Consume 1-2 teaspoonful of Liver Care Syrup, thrice a day or as suggested by your physician.
Benefits of Liver Care Syrup:
- Reduces Acidity: Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Liver Care Syrup helps in reducing acidity and also reduces acid reflex issues as well.
- Detoxifier: Liver Care Syrup acts as a detoxifying agent and flushes out toxins from your body.
- Aids in Digestion: It also helps in digestion of food and boosts metabolism and solves constipation problem as well.
- Maintains Liver Health: Regular intake of Liver Care Plus Syrup helps to maintain Gut and Liver health.
- Safe & Natural: It is made from all herbal, ayurvedic ingredients and is 100% natural and safe to use.
Several other factors contribute to chronic constipation from an Ayurvedic perspective:
- Diet: Consuming foods that are dry, heavy, and lacking in fiber can contribute to constipation. A diet low in water content and high in processed foods can disturb the natural flow of elimination.
- Lifestyle: Sedentary habits, lack of physical activity, and irregular daily routines can disrupt the natural rhythms of the body, including digestion and elimination.
- Stress: Mental and emotional stress can affect the balance of the doshas, particularly Vata. Stress can lead to imbalances in the nervous system, which in turn can impact the smooth functioning of the digestive system.
- Weak Agni (Digestive Fire): According to Ayurveda, a weak digestive fire can result in incomplete digestion of food, leading to the formation of ama (toxic residue) and causing constipation.
- Suppression of Natural Urges: Ignoring the body's signals for bowel movements or other natural urges can disrupt the normal elimination process and contribute to constipation.
General remedies for Constipation
- Dietary Modifications: Ayurveda places great emphasis on diet as a cornerstone of good health. For chronic constipation relief, it's essential to consume foods that support healthy digestion. Include fiber-rich foods like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables in your diet. Additionally, incorporate spices like ginger, cumin, and coriander, which aid in digestion and alleviate constipation.
- Stay Hydrated: Adequate hydration is crucial for maintaining proper bowel movements. Drinking warm water throughout the day, especially in the morning, helps stimulate the digestive system and supports regular bowel movements. Avoid excessive consumption of cold or iced beverages, as they can hinder digestion.
- Triphala: Triphala is a traditional Ayurvedic herbal formulation consisting of three fruits: Amalaki (Indian gooseberry), Bibhitaki, and Haritaki. It's known for its gentle laxative effect and ability to cleanse the digestive tract. Consuming Triphala powder or tablets before bedtime can promote regular bowel movements.
- Abhyanga (Self-Massage): Abhyanga, the practice of self-massage with warm oil, is an integral part of Ayurvedic daily routine. Massaging your abdomen in a clockwise direction can stimulate the digestive organs and improve bowel movements. Use warm sesame oil or castor oil for this purpose.
- Herbal Teas: Certain herbal teas, such as ginger tea, licorice tea, and fennel tea, can be beneficial for relieving constipation. These teas have carminative and soothing properties that help relax the digestive system and promote regularity.
- Yoga and Pranayama: Regular physical activity is essential for maintaining healthy bowel function. Specific yoga asanas (postures) like Pavanamuktasana (Wind-Relieving Pose) and Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Lord of the Fishes Pose) can help stimulate the abdominal area and relieve constipation. Pranayama (breath control techniques) also support digestive health.
- Lifestyle and Stress Management: Ayurveda recognizes the strong connection between stress and digestive issues. Practicing stress-reduction techniques like meditation, mindfulness, and relaxation can have a positive impact on chronic constipation. Maintain a regular daily routine, get adequate sleep, and manage stress effectively.
Ayurveda provides a holistic approach to relieving chronic constipation by addressing the underlying imbalances in the body. Incorporating these Ayurvedic remedies into your lifestyle, along with consulting a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner, can lead to lasting relief and improved digestive health. Shri Chyawan Ayurveda’s Constipation Care is by far the constipation medicine for adults known in ayurveda.
Note: Remember that individual responses may vary, and it's essential to listen to your body and make adjustments based on your unique needs.