Acidity within the body primarily pertains to the excessive presence of acid, particularly hydrochloric acid, in the stomach. The stomach secretes this acid to aid in the digestion of food. However, when its production surpasses the required levels, it leads to a pH imbalance, causing acidity.
In Ayurveda, acidity is commonly referred to as "Amlapitta." According to Ayurvedic principles, Amlapitta occurs due to an imbalance in the Pitta dosha, one of the three fundamental energies or doshas governing the body. Pitta, associated with fire and transformation, governs digestion and metabolism.
Causes of Acidity:
Agni Imbalance: Agni, the digestive fire, plays a pivotal role in Ayurveda. When Agni is weakened or erratic, it leads to improper digestion, resulting in the accumulation of Ama (toxins) and the production of excess acid in the stomach.
Dietary Factors: Consumption of excessively spicy, oily, sour, or acidic foods can aggravate Pitta, leading to an increase in acidity. Irregular eating habits, eating too quickly, or eating incompatible food combinations can also contribute to Amlapitta.
- Emotional and Lifestyle Factors: Stress, anger, and emotional upheavals can disturb the balance of Pitta, impacting the digestive system and exacerbating acidity. Additionally, a sedentary lifestyle or irregular daily routines can contribute to Pitta imbalance.
Symptoms of Acidity:
- A burning sensation or heat in the chest or throat
- Sour or acidic taste in the mouth
- Nausea, vomiting, or regurgitation
- Indigestion, bloating, and discomfort after meals
- Loose stools or diarrhoea in some cases
Acidity Ayurvedic Remedy:
Dietary Modifications: Emphasizing a diet that balances Pitta by including cooling and alkaline foods like milk, ghee, sweet fruits and vegetables. Avoiding hot, spicy, sour, and fried foods is recommended.
Herbal Remedies: Ayurvedic herbs like licorice (Yashtimadhu), amla (Indian gooseberry), coriander, fennel, and mint are utilized to pacify excess Pitta, soothe the digestive tract and regulate acid secretion.
Lifestyle Changes: Practicing stress-relieving techniques such as yoga, meditation, and pranayama (breathing exercises) to calm the mind and balance Pitta. Maintaining regular meal times and avoiding excessive stress is also emphasized.
- Panchakarma: Ayurvedic cleansing therapies like Panchakarma may be recommended by an Ayurvedic practitioner to eliminate toxins (Ama) from the body, restoring the balance of doshas and promoting overall well-being.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Acidity (Amlapitta):
According to Ayurveda, acidity is caused by vitiated pitta dosha, which leads to excessive stomach acid production. Our ayurveda experts have carefully formulated an Acidity Control Kit to manage your acidity. It is by far the best ayurvedic medicine for acidity, prepared by using all natural and pure ingredients and gives fast and permanent relief.
Acidity Control Kit Consists of:
- Liver Care Syrup: It is formulated to cleanse your liver and support the digestion process.
Ingredients: It consists of Chitrakmul, Amla, Harde, Baheda, Bel Patra, Dhana, Aloe vera, Ajwain, Punarnava, Giloy Satva, Neem Chal, Tulsi.
How to use: Consume 1-2 teaspoonfuls of Liver Care plus Syrup, thrice a day or as suggested by your physician.
- Kabj Hari Churna: An ayurvedic powder helps in curing lot of stomach related issues like gas, constipation and abdominal pain. Consumption of this churn will ease down the pain during constipation and ultimately will help you get rid of the regular constipation issues, gases and acidity.
Ingredients: It consists of Harde, Sonth, Mulethi, Baheda, Hing, Varyali, Amaltah, Kala namak.
How to use: Mix 1-2gm of this churn with half cup of water, consume every day before going to bed.
- Acidity Amritam Syrup: The best ayurvedic syrup for acidity, helps to soothe the burning sensation caused in the stomach due to acidity and helps in stomach related issues. As prescribed the intake of this syrup will help you overcome the problem of acidity and related gas problems.
Ingredients: This syrup mainly consists of Laung, Chhoti elaichi, Saunth, Chitrakmool, Harad, Pudina, Amla, Yahtimadhu, Geru, Saunf, Giloy, Vidarikand, Kapoor.
How to use: Consume 10ml, morning and evening after breakfast and snacks respectively.
- Aloe Vera Plus Juice: It is natural and pure juice which has innumerable beneficial properties to cure several problems related to stomach, acidity, etc.
Ingredients: This juice consists of mainly aloe vera gel extract in the form of a juice to be easily consumed with all its benefits intact in the juice itself.
How to use: Consume 15ml of Aloe Vera plus Juice on an empty stomach in the morning.
Benefits of Acidity Control Kit:
- Natural Relief:
Ayurvedic acidity control kits leverage natural ingredients and herbal formulations known for their digestive properties. These components work synergistically to alleviate symptoms like heartburn, acid reflux, and indigestion, offering relief without the use of synthetic or chemical-based substances.
- Balancing Doshas:
The kits are designed to balance aggravated doshas, particularly Pitta, associated with acidity in Ayurveda. The herbal supplements and dietary recommendations aim to restore the equilibrium of doshas, addressing the root cause of acidity issues.
- Holistic Approach:
These kits offer a holistic approach by not only targeting immediate symptoms but also addressing lifestyle factors and dietary habits. By emphasizing holistic wellness, they aim to prevent the recurrence of acidity problems, promoting overall digestive health.
- Personalized Care:
Some acidity control kits are tailored based on an individual's unique constitution (Prakriti) and doshic imbalances. This personalized approach ensures that the treatment aligns with an individual's specific needs, optimizing its effectiveness.
- Long-term Management:
Beyond providing immediate relief, Ayurvedic kits focus on long-term management. They often include dietary guidelines, lifestyle modifications, and herbal supplements to not just alleviate symptoms temporarily but also to maintain digestive health over time.
- Reduced Side Effects:
Due to their reliance on natural ingredients and Ayurvedic principles, these kits generally have fewer side effects compared to conventional medications used for acidity. This makes them a safer and gentler option for managing acidity-related issues.
In conclusion, ayurvedic treatment for acidity offers a natural and holistic approach to managing acidity-related discomfort. Through its blend of herbal remedies, personalized guidance, and emphasis on balancing doshas and lifestyle, this kit not only alleviate immediate symptoms but also aim for long-term digestive wellness. Choosing Ayurveda for acidity control signifies a commitment to holistic health, embracing the benefits of natural remedies while nurturing overall well-being.