What is Leukoderma and how you can treat it with Ayurvedic Medicines?
What is Leukoderma?
Also known as Vitiligo, Leukoderma is a skin disease that causes loss of skin pigmentation (melanin) that leads to skin whitening. The white patches on the skin are termed as Leukoderma. When the condition gets severe, the spots cover almost all parts of the body including scalp, face and the genitals.
A lack of pigment in your skin (melanin) causes Leukoderma/Vitiligo. The reason why this happens is unknown. Research suggests Leukoderma/Vitiligo could be the result of:
- An autoimmune condition: Your immune system mistakes healthy cells (melanocytes) as foreign invaders like bacteria that can cause harm to your body. This makes your immune system overreact and develop antibodies to destroy your melanocytes.
- Genetic changes: A genetic mutation or a change to your body’s DNA can affect how your melanocytes function. There are over 30 genes that can increase your risk of developing Leukoderma/Vitiligo.
- Stress: The amount of pigment your melanocyte cells produce may change if you experience frequent emotional stress or physical stress on your body, especially after an injury.
- Environmental triggers: Factors like ultraviolet radiation and toxic chemical exposure can affect how your melanocyte cells function.\
What are the types of Leukoderma/Vitiligo?
Types of Leukoderma/ Vitiligo include:
- Generalized: This is the most common type of Leukoderma that causes macules to appear in various places on your body.
- Segmental: This type only affects one side of your body or one area, such as your hands or face.
- Mucosal: Mucosal Leukoderma/ Vitiligo affects mucous membranes of your mouth and/or genitals.
- Focal: Focal Leukoderma/ Vitiligo is a rare type where the macules develop in a small area and don’t spread in a certain pattern within one to two years.
- Trichome: This type causes a bullseye with a white or colorless center, then an area of lighter pigmentation, and an area of your natural skin tone.
- Universal: This rare type of Leukoderma/ Vitiligo causes more than 80% of your skin to not have pigment.
What are the symptoms of Leukoderma?
Signs and symptoms of Leukoderma include:
- Patches of skin or mucous membranes that lose color. These can appear white or lighter than your natural skin tone.
- Patches of hair on your body turn silver, gray or white.
Symptoms can be mild and only affect a small area of your body or severe and affect a large area of your skin. Some people with vitiligo experience itchy skin before de-pigmentation starts.
Leukoderma treatment in Ayurveda:
Leukoderma ayurvedic treatment uses herbal medicines to cure the disease. Panchakarma therapies like Virechana, Vasti, Dhara, and Vamana are also used in the process as they strengthen the immune system of the body.
- Virechana - Also known as Purgative therapy, this therapy removes the toxicity of your body. Virechana is used for Pitta disorder to cleanse the primary site of the pitta that is the stomach and the small intestine. It is an efficient vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda.
- Basti therapy – It is also called Enema therapy. The therapy purifies the colon where the primary location of Vata nourishes the body. It is one of the best vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda.
- Vamana - Vamana is considered to be the effective vitiligo treatment in Ayurveda for both Pitta and Kapha excess. Vasantika Vamasa (therapeutic emesis in the spring season) can be used for preventive therapy for a disease of Kapha origin such as eczema.
These therapies and medicines have proven to be the most effective natural treatment for vitiligo.
Lifestyle Changes and Diet to follow in Leukoderma
- Protection of skin from the sources of light - The skin should be protected from sun rays by wearing sunglasses and applying sunscreen.
- Avoid Tattoos - Making a tattoo can cause new patches of skin to appear.
- Avoid Non-Compatible Food- Food items like milk with curd,non-veg food items, salt.
- The patient should avoid salty, sour and spicy food.
Can Ayurveda cure Leukoderma permanently?
It is necessary to address this problem at an early stage, if it progresses without check the results may be permanent and irreversible. Ayurveda offers a permanent and natural leukoderma treatment that can stop the spread of this disease and reverse its effect without any side effects.
Leukoderma Care Kit by Shri Chyawan Ayurveda:
Shri Chyawan Ayurveda have carefully formulated a Leukoderma Care Kit to completely cure Leukoderma, white patches, skin discoloration, pigmentation, itching, inflammation, rashes and redness. They have cured thousands of customers till now and have given 100% results.
What is in the Shri Chyawan Leukoderma Care Kit ?
The Shri Chyawan Leukoderma kit contains three types of medicine:
- Leuko-out Lep
- Leuko-out Vati
- Leuko-out Churn
Leuko-out Lep : Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Leuko-out lep helps to recover the skin cell and remove all the dead cells.
Leuko-out Vati : Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Leuko-out vati is a tablet that helps to boost immunity and reduce the dead cell. Its also helps in the all skin related disease.
Leuko-out Churn : Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Leuko-out churn helps in the detoxification of the body and remove harmful toxins.
- The main Ingredients in Leuko-out Lep are Bakuchi, Boileem, Ark, Chharota Seed, Dhatura, Giloy, Gold Ash, Swarn Jata, Aloe Vera .
- The main ingredients in Leuko-out Vati are Amla, Giloy, Aloe vera, Kiwi, Daru Haldi, Swarn Jata, Bhasm, Ark, Jangali bel etc.
- The main ingredients in Leuko-out Churn are Bakuchi, Daru Haldi, Nagar Motha, Arjun Chhal, Tulsi, Swarn Bhasm etc.
HOW TO USE:
Leuko-out Vati – One tablet empty stomach twice a day i.e. morning and evening as directed by the physician.
Leuko-out Churn – One teaspoon of the churn with lukewarm water.
Leuko-out Lep – The Lep should be applied for at least 2 hours on the body.
Note - Do not consume if Diabetic or Pregnant.