What exactly is Joint Pain?
You or anyone you know might be suffering from some kind of Joint Pain, it has become that common disease. Joint pain can occur due to wear and tear of the cartilages. Joint pain is extremely common, especially as you age. As per a report, the incidence of knee arthritis among Indians is 15 times higher than that in Western nations. This is because of the genetic predisposition of Indians towards knee arthritis, and a lifestyle that results in the overuse of knee joints.
Arthritis is one of the most common medical conditions in India. Arthritis is a health condition in which the patients suffer from pain due to swelling and inflammation around joints. An analysis done by SRL Diagnostics on tests for Arthritis done in its laboratories revealed that more women than men in India are suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Arthritis affects more than 180 million people in India - prevalence higher than many well-known diseases such as diabetes, AIDS and cancer. Among Joint Pain, Knee pain is the most common complaint, followed by shoulder and hip pain. Joint pain can be caused by many factors:
- Previous Injury
- Autoimmune conditions
- Muscle strain/sprain
- Undetected fracture
- Improper healing from an injury
What are the symptoms of Joint Pain?
Those suffering from joint pain due to arthritis often list their symptoms with the following descriptions:
- Pain with movement of the joint
- Weakness (atrophy) in the surrounding muscles
- Tenderness to touch
- Limited ability to move the joint
- Swelling, inflammation (warmth) in the joint
- A grating feeling or sound that occurs with movement
- Pain when pressure is placed on the joint
What is Joint Pain according to Ayurveda?
According to Ayurveda, joint pain occurs due to the imbalance in the functional energy or Dosha in the body, known as Vata. This energy is responsible for movement and spaces, which corresponds to the space between the joints. An imbalance in a form of Vata known as Vyanavata can cause circulation problems. While modern day allopathy medicines may provide immediate relief, they have many side effects that might become a concern. Ayurveda helps to offer safe and natural management for joint pain.
The imbalance in Vata dosha can cause circulation, digestion and ability to absorb food. If these imbalances are not corrected, over time the bone tissue will not receive enough nourishment and eventually will degenerate. A drying effect on the lubricating fluid in the joints causes pain, a cracking sound, and difficulty bending.
How can you ease out the Joint Pain/ Arthritis with the help of Ayurvedic medicine?
Shri Chyawan Ayurveda has carefully formulated a Pain Relief Kit to provide relief from all kinds of Joint, Muscle, Body Pain, etc. Are you facing problems such as Back Pain, Knee Pain, Sciatica, Cervical, Slip-disk or any other joint or muscle related pain or cramps, then order Shri Chyawan Ayurveda's Pain Relief Kit today and get rid of all types of pain with 100% guarantee. It includes all herbal and natural ingredients and is safe to use for all. This kit consists of:
- Anart Powder: Consuming this powder helps in reducing the swelling on the joints and gives relief from the pain.
Ingredients: Anart Powder consists of ingredients like Kolichikam Liutium, Raisins Comunis, Pipli, Chitrak Haritki, Piper Ofcinerum, Adark, Arbi Babul.
How to use: Consume every morning and evening post breakfast and snacks respectively.
- Chandraprabha Vati: It reduces the level of Uric acid, that ultimately helps to provide relief from the pain.
Ingredients: Chandraprabha Vati consists of Sandalwood, Daru Haridra, Amla, Debdaru, Camphor, Cinnamon.
How to use: Consume 1 tablet at night before going to bed.
- Peedago Vati: It is an ayurvedic pain killer but unlike the one's available in the market, the Peedago Vati does not have any side-effects.
Ingredients: It consists of Siddha Kuchla, Siddha Bhilava, Amla, Harda, Baheda, Saunth, Amba Haldi, Pipal lakh, Nagar Motha, Methi, Maal Sindoor, Hing, Ajmoda, Kala Peeper, Ashwagandha.
How to use: Consume 1 tablet every morning and evening, post breakfast and snacks respectively.
- Right King Oil: A gentle massage with this oil gives you an instant relief from any kind of joint or muscle pain.
Ingredients: It consists of Neem, Sahajan, Chinchini, Ashwagandha, Methi, Imli, Sarso oil, Neem oil, Camphor, Peppermint.
How to use: Gently massage using this oil twice a day.
Lifestyle and Diet changes to help ease out Joint Pain/ Arthritis
If you have any type of joint problem, you must follow Vata-Pacifying diet and daily routine can help to pacify the dry, rough Vata dosha.
- It's important to include all six tastes (sweet, sour, salty, bitter, astringent and pungent) in your diet, but at the same time favour the sweet, sour and salty tastes, as these helps pacify Vata dosha.
- Eat less bitter, astringent and pungent foods, as these increase roughness and dryness in the body.
Other healthy foods included in the Vata-pacifying diet are:
- Grains such as quinoa, rye and amaranth, cooked in water with a small amount of ghee (clarified butter)
- Freshly-cooked organic vegetables
- Split moong dal soup
- Sweet, organic, juicy fruits
- It's important to eat a diet rich in calcium, including high-quality organic milk and vegetables such as spinach, kale, asparagus, and collard greens.
- Flavour foods with spices such as turmeric, cumin, ginger, fenugreek, and asafoetida (hing).
- Avoid caffeine and other acidic foods, as these destroy the ability of the body to absorb calcium.